Bethany: So after our whirlwind move to North Dakota it was time for me to work. I began working right away the second day we were here interviewing potential employees for the new Furniture Row that I have come to help manage. I have to admit that I was a little nervous about interviewing (I had never done it before!). There was no time like the present to learn so I jumped right in and wow, I should have written down the people I have met. I could write a book...but I won't...While I was interviewing my brother-in-law, Dan, Mom Peterson and Michael were busy unpacking our apartment. The boys were also busy taking long naps and playing chess by the pool. I know, its a hard knock life, huh? On Wednesday, the 4th, we headed out after I was done at work to check out the great celebration of Grand Forks! Woohoo! After eating too much fair food and listening to the two man band we caught up with my store manager, Michael, and a girl that I had met at the hotel that we are interviewing at, Alyssa and her boyfriend. It was nice to be able to spend some time with people from the area and feel like normal people. We camped out on a hill by the Red River and started watching the fireworks...unfortunately, it was soon interrupted by a scary looking storm that began to blow the fireworks everywhere and the lightening was challenging the fireworks display so we ran to our car. The worst fireworks display I've ever seen soon turned into the best as they decided to set off every firework off at once to avoid the storm. Talk about a grand finale!
Monday, July 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
NOW I have you in my Google Reader. Am I a 21st century momma or what?!?!
Post a Comment