Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pictures

So, Ryan the Traveler arrived Sunday, and brought with him RAIN! and some goodies for us...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So we went to seek shelter in our new favorite coffee shop,
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Beth worked, :( Boo to work. while Ryan and I played chess Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Then we made food. Food is always a good thing when guests come.
Here's the kitchen in our apartment. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketExciting isn't it?

Then the next day, I took Ryan the Traveller to see some sights. Like our town square and giant waterwheel. The Red River of the North is a major part of the landscape (which is a big word for the flatness here.) and steamboats used to be a major part of the commerce. Hence a huge waterwheel.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Read this:Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So they have turned most of the land in the city, around the river, into a huge park system. Part of that has a sweet (FLAT!) disc golf course that we partook in. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
That was probably the hole that Ryan threw his disc way off into nothing having to do with the course. I think he was chasing birds with it. Ok, so I did it once or ten times too, but it was way funnier when birds came out of the trees that he threw discs into. I just sucked.
And then the next day came.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What "trees" or "discs", try singular my friend, it was a disc into a tree. One time. At least I stayed in the park. LOL! Too bad my disc didn't turn into that bird, that would have been awesome, and expensive.

I LOVE GRINDERS!!!

Ryan

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the ryan/chess picture, the angle is really cool.